Friday, January 13, 2012

Cherry Ripe Slice

I made this for one of my girlfriends who loves Cherry Ripe. She told me about a recipe she saw for Cherry Ripe slice but was unable to find it anywhere. So I searched my plethora of cookbooks but nothing excited me so off a-Googling I went. I found this recipe on a Bloggers site (Marcellina in Cucina) and haven't looked back. My girlfriend who I baked this for and the Blog where I got this recipe from are the reason why I have now set up my Blog!



Ingredients:
BASE:
1 cup self raising flour
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/3 cup sugar
125g butter, melted
100g chocolate ripple biscuits, crushed finely

COCONUT FILLING:
1 1/2 cup dessiccated coconut
1 tin condensed milk
200g glace cherries, chopped
few drops of red food colour

CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
150g dark chocolate
30g copha
white chocolate to drizzle

Method:
Preheat over 180C. Line a 20cm x 30cm baking pan.
Mix ingredients for base and press into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
For the coconut filling, mix together coconut, condensed milk, cherries and food colour. 
Spread evenly over base and return to oven for a further 15 minutes.
Melt chocolate and copha and spread over cooled slice.
For a decorative effect, drizzle with white chocolate
Cut into triangles when the chocolate is set.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel.....am I that girlfriend!!!! ;)

    About to try this and I will do my best to stick to your instructions as I want it to turn out like yours yummmmyy (you know me... hardly ever follow the exact recipe lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you sure are that girlfriend.

      It will turn out beautifully, I know.

      Delete